an ever-evolving foray into things that are important and impersonal enough to share

Saturday, March 1, 2008

mi ga korean (cwb)

I never usually go by myself to restaurants that aren't on street level. I'm ashamed of this, but it's so easy to get roped in by the bright lights and pushy hostesses on the street. I've never been crazy for Korean food, but when my aunt said that her Korean clients always go to this place across the street from Sogo I was happy to check it out. I actually liked it so much after the first time that I came back by myself the next day; the meal at Jin Luo Bao was still fresh in my mind, so at least I could make some sort of comparison.

I really liked the way that Mi Ga looked, the seats looked new and less like the diner that was Jin Luo Bao. All the Korean small dishes were essentially the same, there were a couple new ones as well. I had the mixed stone pot rice which was very good, I thought a little better than JLB. Unfortunately they don't give black sesame ice cream for dessert here, instead you just get a syrup drink--probably the only spot where JLB is better. Lunch prices are about half of dinner prices, so it was only 50HKD for my stone pot and all the smalls.

4 of 5, good value, pretty restaurant and a great lunch.





mi ga korean restaurant

9/f goldmark

no. 502 hennessy road

causeway bay

2576 2078

No comments: