an ever-evolving foray into things that are important and impersonal enough to share

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

totally off topic itunes tip

I apologize in advance for digressing from food, but it took me so long to find this that I wanted to share it and save others from re-inventing the wheel again.

I'd been trying to make album playlists on my iPod for ages. Whenever I get new albums on my iPod, I like to see them grouped by album title rather than listed alphabetically by title. This way I'm reminded which albums I need to pay more attention to. A Mac forum suggested clearing the genre fields on all tracks and then putting all new albums into a new genre. This way there's only have one genre in the list, and when selected it shows all of the albums within this new genre... but then you can't use genre searching anymore.

The better way is to go into track info and make all new songs part of a compilation. Then when you go to compilations under the music directory of your iPod, it will show a playlist of albums (assuming you don't already have any compilations). Hope this is as useful to you as it has been to me. Let me know what you think.

No comments: